What is MailChimp?
MailChimp is one of the most popular email marketing tools on the market. It’s easy to use, cost-effective and integrates with almost every platform out there (including Clockwork Recruiting). MailChimp makes it easy to create, design, and launch effective email campaigns to contact lists of all sizes.
10 Email Marketing Stats Your Recruiting Firm Needs to Know
To start, it’s easy. using pre-made templates you can get up and running within minutes. It’s also become an industry standard to use email marketing. Practically every recruiting firm is doing email marketing of some sort. Here are some stats why:
1) Email marketing technology is used by 82% of B2B and B2C companies. – Ascend2
2) 95% of companies using marketing automation are taking advantage of email marketing. – Regalix
3) Automated email messages average 70.5% higher open rates and 152% higher click-through rates than “business as usual” marketing messages. – Epsilon Email Institute
4) Over 75% of email revenue is generated by triggered campaigns, rather than one-size-fits-all campaigns. Automated email campaigns account for 21% of email marketing revenue. – DMA
5) You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet.- Campaign Monitor
6) Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. – McKinsey
7) When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail and more. – DMA
8) Email marketing drives more conversions than any other marketing channel, including search and social. – Monetate
9) Email marketing has an ROI of 3800%. – DMA
10) For every $1 spent, email marketing generates $38 in ROI. – Campaign Monitor
Email Marketing to Win New Business
Let’s start with the obvious use of email marketing software, to win business. Using MailChimp, you can create automated email marketing campaigns to engage prospect lists, and have contacts automatically update in Clockwork based on behavior or triggers.
You can also use MailChimp to keep your prospects engaged and your recruiting firm top of mind with monthly newsletters, or announcements of new content you’ve created on your blog.
Here’s some great design inspiration from MailChimp.
Email Marketing to Your Talent Pool
Email marketing for customers is one thing, but mass mailing your talent? If you’re using recruiting database tools like Clockwork, Bullhorn, or FileFinder, then you’ll want to tag your executive candidates with the position and any other criteria. With Clockwork, you’ll be able to easily Zap these contacts into specialized lists in MailChimp, where you can create campaigns specifically for the talent based on roles.
Imagine being able to send all of your CFO candidates that you didn’t place weekly updates regarding positions that may be relevant to them, or the latest tips courtesy of your team? Email marketing tools are incredibly powerful, and you can even automatically send updates/notifications based on candidates performing tasks or exhibiting interest into particular positions — making you even more effective.